UX / UI designer for VR
Immerse.io are looking for a well-rounded UX/UI Designer to join our growing development team in Central London.
You will be a key member of the team, defining and delivering core features/experiences for the Immerse VR platform and helping to deliver VR projects for big name customers looking to innovate in the training space. This is a truly central role, crossing all major areas of the business, including:
- The platform development team – working with product managers, developers, artists and QAs to deliver powerful new features and functionalities
- Project teams – helping Producers, developers and artists to deliver amazing VR experiences for customers across industry
- The commercial team – creating concepts, flows and storyboards that can win new business
The UX/UI designer will be responsible for:
- Creating concepts, storyboards and user flows that turn complex training scenarios into compelling VR experiences, ensuring the user is immersed in the environment, well-orientated and kept on-task
- User experience for VR training, including all flow and design of:
- In-app movement and interaction, with use of standard VR controllers and other peripherals
- In-app UI, embracing the challenge of creating innovative and intuitive VR interfaces without necessarily defaulting to standard 2D-based paradigms
- Web interface design, including registration flows, user and content administration, webGL browser application
- Presenting designs to customers and internal teams
- Working collaboratively with Product, Art and Development teams to create the best solutions
They will need to be:
- An independent, creative thinker who can work alongside the commercial team to provide insight, ideas and solutions for customers
- A proactive, autonomous worker who can take a project or task and run with it
- A collaborator who will seek knowledge and insight from customers and other team members
- Someone who doesn’t just create requirements for someone else to develop, but guides them through the development process to ensure a high quality end result
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years industry experience, perhaps from a mobile design, games industry or digital agency background
- Creation of concepts, storyboards and user flows for complex digital experiences
- Creation of wireframes and mock-ups for UI design
- Ability to clearly communicate and visualise design thinking for internal and external stakeholders
- Rapid and inventive prototyping of 3D and 2D interfaces and interactions
- A portfolio of demonstrable products and experiences that can be talked through at interview
- Development of VR applications
- Ability to create full production designs for web and VR UI
- Human Computer Interaction qualification
- Game design experience
- Understanding of the Unity game engine
- Understanding of 3D modelling principles
- Interest in gaming, specifically VR
We are a VR technology company based in central London. Our industry-leading platform enables enterprise customers to create, distribute and track amazing VR training experiences – and the demand is growing quickly.
We work with some of the world’s best companies, including DHL, Accenture, PWC, Inmarsat and Qinetiq and some very big names we’re not allowed to mention. We power virtual submarines, oil refineries, medical rooms, rugby pitches, aircraft hangars and much more.
As a team, we believe in balancing autonomy and collaboration, ingenuity and doggedness, focus and fun. Obviously, we also love VR and truly believe it can change the way people learn.
We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
Take a look at this video for an idea of what we do.
Send your cv to: email@example.com.