We are looking to hire a Unity Developer to join our growing development team in Central London.
You will be a key member of the team, helping to deliver VR projects for big name customers looking to innovate in the training space. This will cut across a range of industries including energy, healthcare, defence, automotive, logistics and more.
These projects will all be delivered via the Immerse Unity SDK and platform, which powers the creation, distribution and tracking of single/multiplayer experiences across VR and web. As well as delivering these projects in teams of producers, artists and QAs, you will also have the opportunity to provide creative input into the SDK and platform as part of a team of passionate and talented engineers.
This role is for someone who wants to:
- Work on projects with big name customers where VR is applied for high impact and real results
- Work in a small and passionate team
- Drive a product with significant market traction and funding
- Work with the latest VR, web and 3D technologies
- Have a hand in building a VR platform
- Have freedom to be creative and yourself
Skills & Requirements
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- A good programming-related degree, ideally Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Professional experience with Unity game engine development – 3-5 years specifically including demonstrable experience with:
- Unity applications targeting multiple platforms (PC and WebGL preferred)
- VR experience (Vive and Oculus preferred)
- Implementing UI systems built from existing designs
- Using and developing generalized scripts and toolsets used across multiple projects
- Using Unity’s project settings (Quality, Player, Build, etc) to meet the needs of the specified platform
- Proficient in C# programming (3-5 years)
- Design and implementation of real time game logic and mechanics, including knowing about design patterns and understanding of how systems can be designed and integrated
- Understand the asset pipeline: 3D modelling, texturing and animation
- Runtime optimisation including identifying problems with assets, scripts and scene configurations
- Comfortable working with existing codebases
- Familiar using source control (Git, SourceTree, Perforce, etc) and Continuous Integration (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc)
- Familiar with bug and issue tracking software (Jira)
Comfortable documenting codebase and systems in a collaborative way (Confluence)
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Multiplayer and Networking experience
- Unreal Engine development experience
- 3D object processing and file formats (.obj , fbx)
- Proficiency in C++ programming
- SDK design and development
- Automated Testing in Unity
Naturally, candidates are expected to absolutely love VR and game programming.
Immerse is a VR technology company based in central London. We’ve built a platform which powers the creation, distribution and tracking of single/multiplayer experiences across VR and web. Whether it’s to create training scenarios that allow people to safely practise and learn in high-risk situations or to prototype and interact with new automotive designs globally in real time, we aim to be the VR platform of choice for enterprise. We are already solving these kind of problems for customers like DHL, GE, Qinetiq, Accenture, Inmarsat, PWC and a few other very big names we’re not allowed to mention.
We love games and gaming and we insist on having a lot of fun while delivering high-quality software using agile delivery methods, with a lot of team-work and ingenuity. We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting we’d love to hear from you.
Send your cv to: email@example.com.