Immerse is a high growth technology company at the forefront of enterprise immersive technology. We enable organisations to transform employee training through the power of Virtual Reality and to enhance the overall employee experience by supercharging engagement and performance. Our platform and award-winning training solutions are being deployed by some of the world-leading companies including DHL, Shell, BP, Facebook, SAP and GE.
Empowering businesses and users to create, distribute, integrate and measure all forms of immersive content quickly and easily is at the core of the Immerse strategy. Our technology is truly innovative and we aim to be the biggest and most widely adopted enterprise immersive application yet, providing employee experiences across industries at an unparalleled scale. In line with this, we have a very exciting opportunity for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team.
You will be a key member of the team, helping to improve and evolve a multi service infrastructure hosted on AWS making use of several third party integrations. This role will be key in supporting the development of a truly scalable real-time, 3d multi-user platform.
Our stack is deployed in AWS using Terraform. We make use of a wide variety of products including API Gateway, EC2 Load balancing, ECS services, Lambdas, S3 and SNS/SQS patterns for asynchronous processes. We have a very tight dependency between our infrastructure and our business logic, making this role key in the decision-making of our implementations.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Managing and maintaining key infrastructure in AWS
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation, to continuously improve all environments
- Surveying technological updates to enhance the resilience and best practices of the stack from a networking perspective
- Collaborating with other developers to ensure best practices and scalability
- Deploy and Maintain a stable and secure environment in line with standard best practices in the enterprise software world
- Able to clearly communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Open to critique, and eager to discuss technical strategies.
- Eager to engage on cross-team projects and features
Core Technical Requirements
- AWS – ECS, EC2 LB, VPC, S3, Elastic Cache, Elastic Search
- Infrastructure automation – ideally using Terraform, but experience with any infrastructure-as-code approach valuable.
- Networking – OSI model, network design, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Code Versioning – GIT
- Systems administration – Linux sysadmin, monitoring, logging, autoscaling, self-healing
- CI/CD – CircleCI, Teamcity
- Designing, scaling and supporting a modern web stack
- Database experience – mongo, postgres, redis or similar
- Frontend application deployment experience – Angular or similar
- Load balancing – AWS Elastic LB, Nginx, HAProxy or similar
- Technical degree, ideally Computer Science.
- Web technologies: WebRTC, HTML, CSS, HTTP, WebSockets
- Gaming – building, supporting, playing
- Game development, specifically Unity3D
- Active side projects on GitHub or equivalent.
- 25+ days holiday
- Private healthcare or gym membership
- Birthday day off
- Duvet days
- Training allowance
- Plus more ..
Immerse is an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
How to apply
Immerse is headquartered in London with the team currently working remotely during the pandemic. We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must be authorised to work in the UK.
No agencies please.