Immerse is a high growth technology company at the forefront of enterprise immersive technology. We enable organisations to transform employee training through the power of Virtual Reality and to enhance the overall employee experience by supercharging engagement and performance. Our platform and award-winning training solutions are being deployed by some of the world-leading companies including DHL, Shell, BP, Facebook, SAP and GE.
We are looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing Development Team. You will be a key member of the team, helping to improve and evolve a multi service infrastructure hosted on AWS making use of several third party integrations. This role will be key in supporting the development of a truly scalable real-time, 3d multi-user platform. Our stack is deployed in AWS using Terraform. We make use of a wide variety of products including API Gateway, EC2 Load balancing, ECS services, Lambdas, S3 and SNS/SQS patterns for asynchronous processes.
This role is for someone who wants to:
- Own the design, development, and improvement of a maintainable and scalable infrastructure in AWS.
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation across development environments.
- Surveying technological updates to enhance the resilience and security of the infrastructure.
- Collaborating with developers to ensure best practices and scalability.
- Design a comprehensive plan to support deployment to multiple cloud infrastructure providers, such as Google Cloud, or Azure.
Core Technical requirements:
- AWS – ECS, EC2 LB, VPC, S3, Elastic Cache, Elastic Search
- Infrastructure automation – ideally using Terraform, but experience with any infrastructure-as-code approach is valuable.
- Networking – OSI model, network design, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Code Versioning – GIT
- Systems administration – Linux sysadmin, monitoring, logging, autoscaling, self-healing
- CI/CD – CircleCI, Teamcity
- Designing, scaling and supporting a modern web stack
- Database experience – mongo, postgres, redis or similar
- Frontend application deployment experience – Angular or similar
- Load balancing – AWS Elastic LB, Nginx, HAProxy or similar
- Technical degree, ideally Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Web technologies: WebRTC, HTML, CSS, HTTP, WebSockets
- Gaming – building, supporting, playing
- Game development, specifically Unity3D
- Active side projects on GitHub or equivalent.
- Ability to think creatively and to present ideas in a collaborative way.
- Strong articulation and communication in both verbal and written
- Strong intrinsic motivation to be a top performer and contribute to a team.
- Ability to follow development processes and best practices.
- Open to critique, and eager to discuss technical strategies.
- Eager to engage on cross-team projects and features
What we offer
- A great work environment that supports your growth and development
- Competitive compensation
- 25+ days holiday
- Private healthcare or gym membership
- Birthday day off
- Duvet days
- Training allowance
- Plus more
Immerse is an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
How to apply
Immerse is headquartered in London with the team currently working remote during the pandemic. We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must be authorised to work in the UK.
No agencies please.