Mid-Senior Unity Developer – platform
Immerse is leading the field in enterprise VR. We believe in the power of Virtual Reality to make training, learning, and collaboration easier and more effective for everyone. Our platform and groundbreaking work with some world-leading companies including DHL, Shell, Accenture and GE, is driving adoption in the enterprise VR sector.
Based on this success, we have also recently secured a significant new funding round to continue to develop our VR platform and power bigger and better things in the future.
Some of our core platform offerings include multiplayer, distribution (across multiple VR hardware and web), data capture, and user playback. This allows developers to build scalable training and learning applications, used to power virtual submarines, oil refineries, medical rooms, rugby pitches, aircraft hangars and much more.
Immerse is a friendly, inclusive, and rapidly expanding development team. We’re at the forefront of enterprise VR, double finalists for this year’s VR awards, and motivated to see the benefits VR can bring to the way people learn.
Empowering users to create VR content quickly and easily is at the core of the Immerse strategy. In line with this, we have a very exciting opportunity for a talented Unity Engineer to work on a cutting edge new product that is both based on our platform and expands upon it. This is a truly innovative product that we believe could be the biggest and most widely adopted enterprise VR application yet, providing training and assessment experiences across industry at an unparalleled scale.
This project will build on a functioning prototype developed in conjunction with some of the world’s biggest automotive manufacturers who have since verified the opportunity and worked with us to refine the project vision.
We are looking for an experienced Unity engineer who can get to grips with our in-house technologies and use them to take this project from a prototype to a fully-functioning product that our commercial team will take to market. They will need to collaborate closely with the design team, contribute to design ideas from a technical architecture and creative UX perspective.
Core technical requirements
- At least three years professional Unity programming experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of C#, .Net and Visual Studio.
- Experience of developing complex 3D applications.
- Able to write clean, concise, extensible, descriptive code.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and good programming architecture.
- Understanding of the optimisation techniques required for low performance platforms such as mobile and WebGL.
- Experience of client-server programming and networked multiplayer, with consideration for common issues such as latency, desynchronisation and bandwidth optimisation.
- Good 3D maths skills.
- Experience of large scale software development in a collaborative team-based environment, using the scrum methodology.
- Ability to translate design documentation into clear technical requirements.
- Experience of reducing large features into a set of manageable, testable tasks.
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to both technical and UX design.
- Experience leading a team of developers on at least one project.
Other important requirements
- A VR enthusiast who can bring their knowledge to design and feature discussions.
- Ability to think creatively, and to present ideas in an open way that allows for constructive criticism and further development.
- Can communicate clearly with less-technical staff.
- Open minded and approachable, can work to and develop internal working procedures.
- Keeping abreast of latest Unity news and upcoming releases.
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare / gym membership
- Birthday day off
- Duvet days
- Training allowance
- Plus more
Immerse is an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time permanent position, based in London, EC1N. We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
Successful candidates must be authorised to work in the UK and be available for on-site interview.
No agencies please.