Midweight Unity Developer – content
Immerse is leading the field in enterprise VR. We believe in the power of Virtual Reality to make training, learning, and collaboration easier and more effective for everyone. Our platform and groundbreaking work with some world-leading companies including DHL, Shell, Accenture and GE, is driving adoption in the enterprise VR sector.
Based on this success, we have also recently secured a significant new funding round to continue to develop our VR platform and power bigger and better things in the future.
Some of our core platform offerings include multiplayer, distribution (across multiple VR hardware and web), data capture, and user playback. This allows developers to build scalable training and learning applications, used to power virtual submarines, oil refineries, medical rooms, rugby pitches, aircraft hangars and much more.
Immerse is a friendly, inclusive, and rapidly expanding development team. We’re at the forefront of enterprise VR, double finalists for this year’s VR awards, and motivated to see the benefits VR can bring to the way people learn.
We are looking to hire a Unity Developer to join our growing development team in Central London.
You will be a key member of the team, helping to deliver VR projects for big name customers looking to innovate in the training space. This will cut across a range of industries including energy, healthcare, defence, automotive, logistics and more.
These projects will all be delivered via the Immerse Unity SDK and platform, which powers the creation, distribution and tracking of single/multiplayer experiences across VR and web.
As well as delivering these projects in teams of producers, artists and QAs, you will also have the opportunity to provide creative input into the SDK and platform as part of a team of passionate and talented engineers.
This role is for someone who wants to:
- Work on projects with big name customers where VR is applied for high impact and real results
- Work in a small and passionate team that’s set to grow
- Drive a product with significant market traction and funding
- Work with the latest VR, web and 3D technologies
- Have a hand in building a VR platform
- Have freedom to be creative and really make a difference
Skills & Requirements
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- A good programming-related degree, ideally Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Professional experience with Unity game engine development – 3-5 years specifically including demonstrable experience with:
- Unity applications targeting multiple platforms (PC and WebGL preferred)
- VR experience (Vive and Oculus preferred)
- Implementing UI systems built from existing designs
- Using and developing generalized scripts and toolsets used across multiple projects
- Using Unity’s project settings (Quality, Player, Build, etc) to meet the needs of the specified platform
- Proficient in C# programming (3-5 years)
- Design and implementation of real time game logic and mechanics, including knowing about design patterns and understanding of how systems can be designed and integrated
- Understand the asset pipeline: 3D modelling, texturing and animation
- Runtime optimisation including identifying problems with assets, scripts and scene configurations
- Comfortable working with existing codebases
- Familiar using source control (Git, SourceTree, Perforce, etc) and Continuous Integration (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc)
- Familiar with bug and issue tracking software (Jira)
- Comfortable documenting codebase and systems in a collaborative way (Confluence)
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Multiplayer and Networking experience
- Unreal Engine development experience
- 3D object processing and file formats (.obj , fbx)
- Proficiency in C++ programming
- SDK design and development
- Automated Testing in Unity
Naturally, candidates are expected to absolutely love VR and game programming.
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare / gym membership
- Birthday day off
- Duvet days
- Training allowance
- Plus more
Immerse is an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.
This is a full-time permanent position, based in London, EC1N. We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
Successful candidates must be authorised to work in the UK and be available for on-site interview.
No agencies please.