You will be a key member of the team, defining and delivering core features/experiences for the Immerse VR platform and helping to deliver VR projects for big name customers looking to innovate in the training space.
- Adding features to our online VR content platform, which may involve both backend and frontend work.
- Improving UX elements of the platform, with a high attention to detail.
- Reviewing the pull requests of other team members and responding promptly with constructive and empathetic feedback.
- Writing comprehensive tests for both frontend and backend changes.
- Understanding legacy code and making continual improvements to it.
- Ensuring our users’ experience of the platform is smooth and clear at all times.
- Annotating work with concise and clear comments and documents where applicable.
They will need to be:
- Able to clearly communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Open to critique, and eager to discuss technical strategies.
- Comfortable refactoring both frontend and backend code.
- Passionate about user experience on the web.
Skills and experience
- TDD – Mocha (or similar testing framework)
- Modern CSS (e.g. CSS3+, FlexBox)
- Angular 5+
- SQL / NoSQL knowledge
- Experience creating well-structured and concise pull requests
- Experience using Docker
The Development team at Immerse is a diverse, Agile, fun-loving bunch with a passion for gaming, bikes, and foosball. We strive to be collaborative, and continually improving in learning, knowledge and process.
We are a VR technology company based in central London. Our industry-leading platform enables enterprise customers to create, distribute and track amazing VR training experiences – and the demand is growing quickly.
We work with some of the world’s best companies, including DHL, Accenture, PWC, Inmarsat and Qinetiq and some very big names we’re not allowed to mention. We power virtual submarines, oil refineries, medical rooms, rugby pitches, aircraft hangars and much more.
As a team, we believe in balancing autonomy and collaboration, ingenuity and doggedness, focus and fun. Obviously, we also love VR and truly believe it can change the way people learn.
We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
Take a look at this video for an idea of what we do.
Send your cv to: email@example.com.