Full Stack Developer for VR Platform
Immerse is leading the field in enterprise VR. We believe in the power of Virtual Reality to make training, learning, and collaboration easier and more effective for everyone. Our platform and groundbreaking work with some world-leading companies including DHL, Shell, Accenture and GE, is driving adoption in the enterprise VR sector.
Based on this success, we have also recently secured a significant new funding round to continue to develop our VR platform and power bigger and better things in the future.
Some of our core platform offerings include multiplayer, distribution (across multiple VR hardware and web), data capture, and user playback. This allows developers to build scalable training and learning applications, used to power virtual submarines, oil refineries, medical rooms, rugby pitches, aircraft hangars and much more.
Immerse is a friendly, inclusive, and rapidly expanding development team. We’re at the forefront of enterprise VR, double finalists for this year’s VR awards, and motivated to see the benefits VR can bring to the way people learn.
We’re looking for a well-rounded Full Stack Developer to join our growing development team in Central London. You will be a key member of the team, defining and delivering core features/experiences for the Immerse VR platform.
As part of the platform team, you will help develop and maintain software and infrastructure across the whole stack, including:
- A rich front end written in Angular, making extensive use of RxJS, with a websocket client for real time multi-user synchronization
- A stateless RESTful API backend written in Node.js, with MongoDB and PostgreSQL databases
- A Websocket server written in Golang
- A C# windows application in charge of downloading, managing and launching the VR applications on client machines.
- A solid infrastructure as code, hosted in AWS (including multiple services: ECS, S3, RDS, etc), and managed and programmed using Terraform.
- As a basic rule of thumb, we expect you to spend 80% of our time working with Node/Angular and 20% other technologies in our stack.
Our core workflow includes:
- TDD (Unit/Integration/Acceptance tests).
- Code Review/Pull requests.
- Automatic deployment / Continuous integration.
Skills and experience required are
- Backend: Node.js, Express, MongoDB, SQL
We are looking for developers with at least 5 years experience, although these could be in engineering – or more specifically solving problems in a web stack – not necessarily the technologies listed.
If you’re interested, you will also have the opportunity to get involved in:
- DevOps/Programmable infrastructure and automated deployment (with Terraform on AWS)
- A high performance websocket server written in Golang
- VR application development.
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare / gym membership
- Birthday day off
- Duvet days
- Training allowance
- Plus more
Immerse is an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time permanent position, based in London, EC1N. We’re set to grow rapidly this year, so if you want to be part of something exciting then we’d love to hear from you.
Successful candidates must be authorised to work in the UK and be available for on-site interview.
No agencies please.