In this instance, Shell wanted to simulate an accidental overspill on a storage tanker, requiring the trainee to follow the appropriate procedures to extinguish the fire.
The team recognised that VR training can provide unprecedented opportunities to recreate these scenarios in a safe, repeatable and cost-effective way.
Oil & Gas
What we did
Assessors can either join users inside the VR experience or online from anywhere in the world, and have the ability to control the whole experience. They can, for instance, trigger actions such as a fire at any time, resulting in a dynamic and variable simulation.
Additional scenarios are being created for global roll-out using the Immerse Virtual Enterprise Platform (VEP).
What this means
- Higher throughput of trainees
- Ability to recreate training scenarios consistently
- High-risk scenarios recreated with no actual real-world risk
- Objective and auditable data capture
- Simple hardware and cloud-based content distribution built on our enterprise platform makes it easy to scale