For Nestlé, ensuring that all manufacturing safety procedures are followed correctly is critically important. With the goal of improving health and safety outcomes for factory workers, our challenge was to add a greater level of interaction with the added ability for the user to fail training in a meaningful way, experiencing consequences of poor process first hand.
As well as providing safety training for the employees, Nestlé wanted to help consumers understand the importance of The Nespresso AAA Sustainable Quality Programme. Developed to create a sustainable supply of the highest quality coffee, while improving the situation for coffee farmers and their communities.
“I truly believe that experiential learning is the future. This is where it starts. With the standalone VR assets, our life becomes easier, as we have all the tools to create, scale, measure, and roll out the training globally. These VR applications will play a key role in the future of immersive VR training at Nestlé.”
What we did
Immerse designed an interaction-rich VR training and assessment course covering correct procedures for Confined Spaces, Working at Heights, and Safe Modes of machine intervention (Stop the Machine & Apply Loto) for Nestlé staff working with production line machinery.
By adding interaction and allowing users to see some of the consequences of some of the associated hazards, employees were able to learn by doing, as well as seeing and hearing.
To help consumers understand the importance of The Nespresso AAA Sustainable Quality Programme we designed a VR experience that gives consumers the opportunity to virtually visit and interact with a typical Nespresso AAA coffee farm. Enabling them to understand the depth of the AAA program and Nespresso coffee expertise by virtually practicing coffee culture processes.
What this means
- Ability to recreate training scenarios consistently
- High-risk scenarios recreated with no actual real-world risk
- The Nespresso AAA Sustainable Quality Programme engaged sales staff and customers in a VR experience and brought to life their ethical practices in coffee harvesting
- Simple hardware and cloud-based content distribution built on our enterprise platform makes it easy to scale the training globally
- Objective and auditable data capture via the Immerse Platform
- A remarkable increase in employee engagement and positive feedback
- Increase in knowledge retention and training cost reduction